This module contains script to be used on this Page. PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE. This message will only display within iCM and will not be published.
Textbooks 101 -
A Quick Lesson
What Should I Expect?
Although they are a very important part of your education, textbooks are expensive. The Campus Store offers a variety of purchasing options to meet your needs including new, used, rentals, and eBooks.
Textbooks are expensive. Is there any way I can get some of my money back?
At the end of the semester you can get up to 50% of your money back during our used book buyback. The amount you receive depends on a number of factors, including whether or not the book will be used again the next semester, store stock levels, condition of the book, and new editions that may be coming out from the publishers.
Where Do I Purchase My Textbooks?
Your professors submit a list of course materials to the Campus Store. Each class may have one or more textbooks and other materials assigned to it. Have your schedule on hand when ordering your textbooks to make sure you have the correct course section. The same course with different professors may have different requirements. You can order your textbooks online through Text Xpress, or bring your schedule into the store.
Can I Write In My Textbooks? Feel free to highlight and annotate any New, Used, or Rental Books. This will not affect your ability to return rental books or to sell back books that you purchased. Take care to avoid water damage, torn bindings, or other physical damage as that will affect return/buyback ability.
What Are the Advantages of Ordering My Textbooks Online?
- It's Easy & Convenient - Shop right from the comfort of your own home, any time. It's just a few clicks away!
- You Can Save Money - Shop before the rush and you will get first pick at used and reduced-price inventory!
- You Save Time - Skip long lines waiting for your books to be pulled and to pay.
- You're Guaranteed to Have the Right Books - Sometimes it can be tricky getting the correct book for your class, especially when there are numerous authors or editions to sift through. We work directly with your professors to guarantee that you will have the right book for class.
How Do I Order My Textbooks Online?
Online ordering is quick and easy:
- Log on to Web for Students.
- Click Student Information & Financial Aid.
- Click Scheduling.
- Click Student Account Detail.
- Select the Term and click Submit. This will bring you to a list of courses you are registered for.
- Click Buy Your Books. This will fill your cart with all course textbooks and materials. At this point you can select your textbook preferences, listed below. Once you have made you selections and are ready to place your order, continue with checkout as instructed.
- New Preferred - A NEW book will be processed, but if it is out of stock then a USED copy will be substituted and processed in its place.
- Used Preferred - A USED copy will be processed, but it if is out of stock then a NEW copy will be substituted and processed in its place.
- Rental - If a rental book is available you can request it, however you must secure your rental with a credit card online. You may highlight and make notes in a rental book, just as you would do with a purchased book. Please note that not all books will be available to rent. Rental books are not eligible for book buyback and MUST be returned by the end of the semester.
- eBook - If an eBook is available you can request it. Depending on the source, you will either receive a card with unique access code or an online link to gain access to your book. Please note that not all books will be available as eBooks.
- What If I Want to Purchase My Textbooks at the Campus Store?
If you prefer to get your books when you arrive on campus:
- Bring your schedule to the Campus Store. Please note that textbooks for courses taught at the Norwich Campus, should be purchased at the Norwich Campus Store.
- The books will be pulled for you by one of our staff members.
- Pay for your textbooks.
- You're on your way!
Remember, a lot of students will be picking up textbooks orders at the beginning of the semester. To avoid missing any classes, make sure you come to the Campus Store early. It may take up to a half hour to fill your order, so pre-ordering your textbooks can help lower that time significantly.
- How Do Refunds Work?
Refunds are allowed for one week from the start of classes. All returns must be accompanied by a valid cash register receipt. View our Refunds Policy for details. In order to receive a refund on books purchased for the current semester:
- Bring your receipt and student ID.
- Your books, if new, must not be marked in any way or opened from their original packaging. If you purchased a used book then it may be returned in saleable condition.
- Come in before the return deadline.
How Do I Pay For My Books?
The Campus Store accepts MasterCard, Visa, American Express & Discover. Payment may also be made by check (with proper ID) and Mustang Money. Eligible students may also utilize their financial aid to purchase books and required supplies (log on to Web For Students to sign up and see if you are eligible).